1.- Why study Gastronomy at the Anahuac University of Cancun?
- The Anahuac University of Cancun is an international campus that enhances the international experience with teachers and students from over 30 different countries.
- You will attend classes delivered by top-tier international academics, prominent professors and industry leaders.
- Double degree program awarded by the Anahuac University and by Le Cordon Bleu Paris.
- Our campus is located in the most important tourist destination in Mexico; considering that Cancun and the Riviera Maya together own over 85,000 hotel rooms.
- We have the best education facilities in Mexico.
- Our professors and chefs are linked to the hotel and restaurant industry.
- By the end of your studies, you will have gained a wide national and international professional work experience.
- Over 200 student-exchange agreements with universities from all around the world to enrich your international experience.
2.- What we’re looking for
- Do you consider food pairings as art?
- Have you ever thought of opening and running your own restaurant?
- Do you believe dishes represent people’s history?
- Would you like to travel around the world and learn about other cultures?
3.- What can you do with a degree in Gastronomy?
- Hotel Chef or Chef owner of a restaurant.
- Food and beverages manager.
- Food business logistics manager.
- Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety.
- Researcher in the agricultural-food sector and in the food industry.
- Food consultant.
4.- Where can a Gastronomy graduate work?
- Hotels and restaurants.
- Own business.
- Catering companies.
- Consulates and Embassies.
- Cruise ships.
- Executive Chef.
- Food and beverages Manager.
- Business owner.
- TV cooking-show host.
6.- 2020 Model
7.- Anahuac Leadership Programs
Innovative programs for leadership training that offer a diploma that includes encounters with professionals, national and international seminars, workshops, conferences, specialized subjects and a multidisciplinary integration.
There are currently nine different programs:
- ACCIÓN: Sports Leadership Program/ in Sports
- ALPHA: Medicine Leadership Program/ in Medicine
- CIMA: University Leadership Program
- CREA: Communication Leadership Program
- CULMEN: Art and Culture Leadership Program
- GENERA: Business Leadership Program
- SINERGIA: Public Administration Leadership Program
- VÉRTICE: Excellence Program
8.- Le Cordon Bleu in Cancún.
All our professors:
- Have a certification by Le Cordon Bleu International which offers our students the utmost culinary and practical formation.
- Are businesspeople or business owners in the Food and Beverages sector.
- Have worked with top-tier companies suchlike Nestlé, Mars and Unilever and have over 10 years of work experience.
- Are academically and professionally renowned. One of them was awarded Chocolate Master 2011, winner of “Chefs restaurant-owners in Playa del Carmen” and now works as Pastry Executive Chef at the Moon Palace.
- Have experience in managing positions.
- Have experience working in 5-diamond hotels such as the Four Seasons, JW Marriot, Las Ventanas al Paraiso, Ritz Carlton and many others.
- By the end of the program you will be awarded with two degrees; one by the Anahuac University and other by Le Cordon Bleu Paris.
The Gastronomy graduate is a professional with a solid intellectual, human and social formation who applies leadership strategies to transform our society and culture. Creates, leads and manages innovative projects in the gastronomic field through strategic, creative and ethical approaches. Shows a huge facility for integration and teamwork, social responsibility and negotiation skills in multicultural environments.