Upon entering the University, each student has the possibility of fulfilling the English accreditation requirement as soon as possible and thus avoiding credit restrictions during the degree.
In addition to English, you will have the opportunity to study a third language.
Possibilities for accreditation of the English language:
1) The student must present the placement test of the English language curriculum requirement during the Welcome and University Integration (BIU) sessions prior to the start of their first study period or at the latest four weeks of this period according to the calendar That the University establishes. If you do not, you will be placed at level 0.
The placement test conducted during the Welcome and University Integration (BIU) sessions will be free; Outside these sessions, the exam will have a cost that the University will define and the student must cover.
According to the result of said exam, the student will have accredited the English curriculum requirement or be placed in one of the following levels of proficiency:
- Level 0 (Null knowledge of the language).
- Elementary Propedician A.
- Elementary Propedician B.
- Level 1.
- Level 2.
- Level 3.
- Level 4.
- Level 5.
- Level 6.
Art. 53. Once the student has been placed in a level of language proficiency, he must prove the missing levels.
The student who is located at a level equal to or lower than level 2, will be required to take the missing levels within the University, from his first period of studies and uninterruptedly.
The student who is located at a level equal to or higher than level 3, can credit the missing levels through the following options:
- The presentation of the accreditation exams that the University has for these levels, being able to study and advance in the language proficiency through courses taught outside the University.
- Take and credit the missing levels within the University.
- Present certificates of recognition of studies and / or results of certified examinations performed by other authorized institutions, whose list will be published by the University.
The University Language Center is the body responsible for managing everything related to the accreditation of this requirement.
Art. 55. During the progress in the accreditation of the English language requirement, the following criteria will be followed:
- Any student who at the end of an academic period reaches or exceeds 30% of the credits of their curriculum, without having accredited level 3 of the English language, will be conditioned by English and may only enroll a charge of 18 credits in the following academic periods until such level has been covered (Cf. Art. 66).
- Any student who at the end of an academic period reaches or exceeds 60% of the credits of their curriculum, without having accredited level 6 of the English language, will be suspended by English and may not enroll any subject, workshop and / or activity curricular training to meet this requirement (Cf. Art. 66).
If a student has entered through equivalence or revalidation of studies and in their placement test has not covered the English levels referred to in the previous paragraphs when reaching the respective progress percentages, they may request an extension of up to two to the Rectorial Committee consecutive periods to regularize your situation, taking a maximum of 36 credits, as long as you have not covered the English language levels indicated in this article.
2) Through official international certificates.
- TOEFL IBT with 89 points and 2 years of validity.
- FCE (University of Cambridge) A, B and C.
- CAE (University of Cambridge) A, B and C.
- IELTS (University of Cambridge) 6.5.
- CPE (University of Cambridge)
Once English is accredited, you can choose a language as an elective subject within the Anahuac block: