Skip to main content

Requirements and admission process

The candidates for Academic Exchange and Study Abroad must meet the following requirements:

  • They must complete at least three courses during their Exchange.
  • They must be nominated by their home university.
  • They have to be studying full time in their University when arranging their Exchange.
  • They must have finished at least one year in their Home University.
  • Minimum GPA of 3.2.
  • Be 18 years or older.
  • To have a B2 level of Spanish at least *

*Language Requirements:
-All exchange students, without exception, whose native language is not Spanish, have to take a free Spanish exam upon arrival at Universidad Anáhuac México and enroll in a compulsory Spanish class according to the level of the results of their exam. This class lasts 45 hours a semester and pays 6 credits.


The admission process

a)    Nomination by the Home University with the following information:

  • Home University
  • Home City
  • Major in Home University
  • Name
  • Surname
  • Gender
  • Age
  • Date of birth
  • Campus to Visit
  • Period of exchange: semester, summer, full year.      
  • Student's e-mail

b)    Fill the application and send it with the requested documents


Deadlines to apply:

Fall Semester (August - December) June 15 
Spring Semester (January - May) November 30
Summer (June - July) May 31


Letter of Acceptance

Once the application of each student has been analyzed, the letters for the accepted students will be sent digitally to the student and his Home University within a period of no more than 10 working days after receiving the application for admission with the requested documents.  With this letter, students can apply for a student visa if necessary. If the student needs the delivery of his letter in physical format, he/she can request this by sending the mailing data of the office of Internationalization of his/her University.


Visa Procedures

Student Visa

Once accepted, it is the responsibility of the exchange student and Study Abroad to make the proceedings to obtain the Student Visa, if necessary, go to the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Mexico.

Do you need a student visa? For more information, clic here

National Institute of Migration

For more information, clic here