COURSE: CRAFT BEER
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND MAIN OBJECTIVE:
During this course, the attendees will learn more about the principles and brewing processes of craft beer, same as all the ingredients involved.
The students will brew their own beers which will be tasted once they are ready; this way, they will learn more about the organoleptic properties of craft beer and thus differentiate all the varieties currently in the market.
Introduction to beer brewing.
- History of beer.
- Recognition of the 4 key beer ingredients: water, malt, hops and yeast.
- 6 basic steps in beer brewing.
The beer experience.
- Beer brewing – step by step: mashing, boiling and fermentation.
Craft beer appreciation.
- Bottling, carbonation and bottle-conditioning.
- Types of beers worldwide and the best glass for each style.
The anatomy of each type of beer, tasting and evaluation.
- Types of beer.
- Improvement of tasting and evaluation techniques.
Pairing and craft beers worldwide.
- The art of pairing.
- Local, regional, national and international craft beers.
20hrs. divided into 5 sessions.
100% face-to-face sessions.
Fridays from 09:00am to 01:00pm.
- Anahuac apron.
- Cooking materials and ingredients.
- Certificate endorsed by Anahuac University of Cancun.
Ana Cecilia Aranzábal Moreno, Wines and distillates Diploma graduate, with a sommelier certification endorsed by our academic institution and teacher thereof.
In 2017 she obtained the pin as Certified Sommelier by The Court of Master Sommeliers.
The attendee must:
- wear black pants, cotton shirt or polo shirt. (it is not allowed to enter the class wearing shorts, dress or skirt due to safety measures).
- wear non-slip closed in shoes. (it is not allowed to enter the class wearing open shoes or heels for women).
- bring a recipient or bowl to take home anything prepared in class.
- wear her hair up, no makeup nor any accessories in hands and ears to enter the class. (women only) (no earrings, rings, watches or long nails are allowed).
At the end of the program, a certificate endorsed by Le Cordon Bleu Paris and Anahuac University will be given to the student in recognition of the recent achievement as long as this has complied with 80% of the course’s total attendance. In case of not complying with the minimum attendance required, a certificate of the accredited sessions will be handed over.
- There will be no refunds on any enrollment fee payment with the exception of the course being cancelled by the University.
- A program’s enrollment fee payment can be transferred to other programs.
- It is required a group of at least 10 people.
- Request the admission form to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org , fill it out with your personal information and send it back to the same email address.
- A registration number and the step-by-step procedure for the enrollment fee payment will be sent to you shortly afterwards.
- Online payment on the SIU platform for which we will provide you with a user’s number and a password.
- Bank deposit at the bank’s cashier window with the information sheet printed from the SIU platform.
- At the University’s cashier window. Cash is NOT accepted.
In case you need an invoice, this can be downloaded from the SIU platform with your tax information.
Ask about the applicable discounts on the enrollment fee for early payment.
AUC Extension Office
Le Cordon Bleu Cancun
Tel. (998) 881 7750 Ext. 290
WhatsApp: 998 349 5118