COURSE DESCRIPTION AND MAIN OBJECTIVE:
Know in-depth and learn how to prepare the most representative dishes of the Mexican cuisine with the passion that this traditional food deserves.
People who wish to learn the most representative recipes of the traditional Mexican cuisine; restaurant owners or cooks seeking to improve and increase their culinary offer.
- Chilpachole “seafood stew” (Veracruz).
- Tortas ahogadas “drowned sandwich” (Jalisco).
- Fish ceviche (Guerrero).
- Discada “Mexican stir-fry” (Chihuahua).
- Mochomos “Shredded beef” (Chihuahua).
- Coyotas “Brown butter pastries” (Sonora).
- Dry Adobo seasoning (Guanajuato).
- Torta de elote salada con rajas “Corn and rajas stuffed torta” (Jalisco preparation method).
- Mole de olla (México city).
12hrs. divided into 3 sessions.
100% face-to-face sessions.
Monday to Wednesday from 04:00pm to 08:00pm.
For more than 27 years, Yuri de Gortari has dedicated her life to the research, promotion and preservation of the traditional Mexican cuisine from a deep study approach which includes cuisine, history, art and culture as 5 core elements inside Mexican identity.
She is founder of the Mexican Gastronomy School; the only one in the country specialized in Mexican cuisine which up to this date, has formed over 600 Mexican and international cooks and on 2017 celebrated its tenth anniversary.
Co-author, with Edmundo Escamilla (may he rest in peace), of 8 books used to disseminate vast knowledge on the subject; in addition to several research articles often published in Mexican and international media.
For 4 years, she hosted the segment “Mexico’s history through its gastronomy” in the program “National Hour”, broadcasted in all radio stations in the country.
Has been awarded two times, one in 2003 and other in 2009, with the “Gastronomy National Award” which is granted yearly by the Real Spanish Academy and the Cofradía de la Buena Mesa “Brotherhood of Fine Eating” of Spain to the best of gastronomy worldwide.
With the purpose of disseminating traditional Mexican cuisine through different media channels, in 2012, she created the YouTube channel “Cocina Identidad” which has over 11 million reproductions and 150k subscribers to-date.
At the end of the program, a certificate endorsed by ESGAMEX and Anahuac University will be given to the student in recognition of the recent achievement as long as this has complied with 80% of the course’s total attendance. In case of not complying with the minimum attendance required, a certificate of the accredited sessions will be handed over.
- Request the admission form to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org , fill it out with your own information and send it back to the same email address.
- A registration number and the step-by-step procedure for the enrollment fee payment will be sent to you shortly afterwards.
- Online payment on the SIU platform for which we will provide you with a user’s number and a password.
- Bank deposit at the bank’s cashier window with the information sheet printed from the SIU platform.
- At the University’s cashier window. Cash is NOT accepted.
In case you need an invoice, this can be downloaded from the SIU platform with your tax information.
AUC Extension Office
Le Cordon Bleu Cancun
Tel. (998) 881 7750 Ext. 290
WhatsApp: 998 349 5118