This Engineering has the accreditation of CACEI (Consejo de Acreditación de la Enseñanza de la Ingeniería, A. C.).
Program Educational Objectives
- Designs, develops and integrates devices, implements systems and applies scientific and technological tools in the solution of problems related to health and life sciences.
- Creates and/or participates in organizations focused on health care, diagnosis and treatment of diseases or rehabilitation of patients, while showing leadership skills.
- Carries out advanced studies within the discipline or other related areas, in order to develop better professional abilities.
- Contributes to the solution of technological and ethical challenges in the medical industry, hospitals, research centers and universities with critical thinking and leadership.
- Actively participates in organizations, either public or private, national or international, for the promotion and development of the discipline.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts .
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
- Biomedical instrumentation
- Telemedicine / digital medicine / medical informatics
- Medical imaging
- Rehabilitation engineering (orthotics and prosthetics)
- Design and fabrication of orthotic and prosthetic devices
- Medical imaging
- Management of health institutions*
*In collaboration with the School of Health Sciences
Curricula Model 2016
Curricular Model 2010
Program: Biomedical Engineering
Number of new students
Number of graduated students
Number of Actual Students