This Engineering has the accreditation of CACEI (Consejo de Acreditación de la Enseñanza de la Ingeniería, A. C.).
This Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the international organization; ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.)
Retroactive to graduate students since 2017; of the Norte campus (Huixquilucan).;
Program Educational Objectives
- Designs, develops and integrates devices, implements systems and applies scientific and technological tools in the solution of problems related to health and life sciences.
- Creates and/or participates in organizations focused on health care, diagnosis and treatment of diseases or rehabilitation of patients, while showing leadership skills.
- Carries out advanced studies within the discipline or other related areas, in order to develop better professional abilities.
- Contributes to the solution of technological and ethical challenges in the medical industry, hospitals, research centers and universities with critical thinking and leadership.
- Actively participates in organizations, either public or private, national or international, for the promotion and development of the discipline.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts .
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
- Biomedical instrumentation
- Telemedicine / digital medicine / medical informatics
- Medical imaging
- Rehabilitation engineering (orthotics and prosthetics)
- Design and fabrication of orthotic and prosthetic devices
- Medical imaging
- Management of health institutions*
*In collaboration with the School of Health Sciences
Plan de Estudios Modelo 2025
Curricula Model 2016
Curricular Model 2010
Program: Biomedical Engineering
Number of new students
Number of graduated students
Number of Actual Students