This Engineering has the accreditation of CACEI (Consejo de Acreditación de la Enseñanza de la Ingeniería, A. C.).
This Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the international organization; ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.)
Retroactive to graduate students since 2015; of the Norte campus (Huixquilucan).;
The Chemical Engineering program, in accordance with its constituencies, has developed a set of Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s). These objectives were originally generated in consultation with faculty members and from discussions with alumni and employers. Afterwards, they were validated by the Engineering Advisory Committee. Chemical Engineering graduates are expected to attain the following PEO’s within a few years from graduation:
- To transform raw material and natural resources rationally into high added-value goods and products by assessing problem solving alternatives and feasibility and by selecting the most convenient based upon the lowest environmental impact and the highest productivity, as well as using creativity and innovation for social benefit.
- To apply engineering knowledge on process design using clean energy technologies and sources.
- To promote creation of enterprises and jobs, generating an environment of wealth and social wellbeing through their knowledge.
- To manage plants and chemical and industrial processes where raw materials are transformed into high added-value goods and products.
- To keep their knowledge ahead regarding current process technologies.
- To demonstrate sensibility on environmental, social, safety, and economic effects demanded by the professional practice and therefore, perform in accordance with professional ethics and values.
- To apply cutting-edge technologies in the area of telecommunications to collaborate efficiently in interdisciplinary teams with positive leadership.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
- Chemistry and Chemical Processes (Unit Operations)
- Fluids and Thermal Sciences
- Energy and Sustainable Development
- Chemical Facilities and Projects Management and Administration
- Equipment, Process, and Project Design
Choosing certain elective subjects allows you to obtain a Diploma of specialization, which is an additional tool to become a professional with a greater field of labor action.
Facility and Project Management Diploma
Efficient Energy Use and Sustainable Development certificate
Curricular Model 2025
Curricular Model 2016
Curricular Model 2010
Programa: Chemical Engineering
Number of New Students
Number of Graduated Students
Number of Actual Students
|2017 -2018 Period||25||16||81|