1.-Why study Environmental Engineering at the Anahuac University of Cancun?
- You will immerse in a responsible society that has as foundation the protection of its natural wonders to ensure its economic growth.
- The state of Quintana Roo has the most important touristic infrastructure in Mexico. Companies will require you to solve complex problems while being socially responsible and protecting the environment.
- The state has a pioneering legislation for waste disposal management which seeks to develop a circular economy model that has only been implemented in some European countries.
- You will be part of a Socially Responsible Business (SRB) awarded University that proves its commitment towards a sustainable development of the community and of renewable energies.
- You will participate in multidisciplinary projects applying innovative technologies to solve society’s real problems.
2.- What we’re looking for:
- Are you interested in the sustainability of our planet?
- Are you interested in working on creating measures to reduce contaminating substances?
- Are you interested in taking the lead on the transformation of an environmentally responsible society?
- Are you capable of adapting to educational and technological changes?
- Do you like mathematics and natural sciences?
3.- What can you do with a degree in Environmental Engineering?
- Conduct environmental impact studies of development projects with the view to reduce negative impacts on society.
- Develop sustainable water and waste management programs.
- Manage energy optimization projects that foster clean energy production in organizations.
- Implement solutions that minimize adverse effects on the environment caused by production processes.
- Introduce effective laws and regulations that benefit society as a whole and protect the environment.
- Create and manage Socially Responsible Businesses (SRBs) that offer services related to environmental management.
4.- Where can an environmental engineer work?
- Social Responsibility and Environmental committees in companies who seek to develop environmental strategies.
- Socially responsible businesses that develop remediation solutions for polluted natural areas.
- Environmental agencies and organizations.
- Local, national and international governmental bodies that develop environmental policies.
- Quality control of water, air and soil analysis laboratories.
- Development of projects concerning renewable energies and environmental protection.
- Research centers for the development of innovative technologies.
- Corporate Social Responsibility manager.
- Head of engineering or environmental areas in medium and large sized companies.
- Director of an environmental research center.
- Director of an environmental consulting firm.
- General manager of your own environmental services company.
- Public employee for environmental responsibility.
- Director of a non-profit, environmental protection organization.
6.- 2020 Model
7.- Anahuac Leadership Programs
Innovative programs for leadership training that offer a diploma that includes encounters with professionals, national and international seminars, workshops, conferences, specialized subjects and a multidisciplinary integration.
There are currently nine different programs:
- ACCIÓN: Sports Leadership Program/ in Sports
- ALPHA: Medicine Leadership Program/ in Medicine
- CIMA: University Leadership Program
- CREA: Communication Leadership Program
- CULMEN: Art and Culture Leadership Program
- GENERA: Business Leadership Program
- SINERGIA: Public Administration Leadership Program
- VÉRTICE: Excellence Program
8.- Graduate Profile
The Anahuac Environmental Engineer analyses and understands the functioning of natural and human-generated systems. The graduate is capable of planning, designing and modifying processes that significantly reduce environmental impact, having strict compliance with environmental legislations. The Environmental Engineer pursues to contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation.