1.- Why study Nutrition at the Anahuac University of Cancun?
- The Anahuac University of Cancun is an international campus that enhances the international experience with teachers and students from over 30 different countries.
- You will attend classes delivered by top-tier international academics, prominent professors and industry leaders.
- Academic quality, institutionaleffectiveness and
- Gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience beginning the third semester.
- Participate in supervised practices and research projects focused on different fields of nutrition.
- Attend top national and international congresses.
- Subjects in English are offered to favor international exchange programs for students and professors.
- Enrich your international experience with more than 200 exchange programs with universities from around the world.
2.- What we’re looking for:
- Are you interested in the study of the human body and its proper functioning?
- Do you like science, study and research?
- Are you interested in being a key-element on the well-being of people?
- Do you seek to make a difference on the health problems in Mexico on a positive manner?
3.- What can you do with a degree in Nutrition?
- Clinical nutrition: promotes good health and prevents diseases.
- Sports nutrition: promotes good sport-focused nutrition for athletic people.
- Community nutrition: administrates and evaluates meal programs and suggests new alimentation policies for the population.
- Management for services related to food: strategic planning, control and evaluation of quality standards.
- Research: runs research projects in the clinical, communitarian and nutritional fields.
- Omics: studies the influence of the environment and nutrition on Gene expression.
- Food science: knows, analyses and develops nutritional products.
- Food industries.
- Industrial dining rooms.
- Private practice.
- Sport centers.
- Research centers.
- Nutrition consultant.
5.- Mexico needs Nutritionists because:
- Degenerative diseases suchlike obesity and overweight have risen, becoming one of the first causes of death in our country.
- Mexico is the 1st place worldwide in obesity and overweight and this statistic may be increasing in the following years; 70% of the population in the country does not have a healthy diet.
6.- 2020 Model
7.- Anahuac Leadership Programs
Innovative programs for leadership training that offer a diploma that includes encounters with professionals, national and international seminars, workshops, conferences, specialized subjects and a multidisciplinary integration.
There are currently nine different programs:
- ACCIÓN: Sports Leadership Program/ in Sports
- ALPHA: Medicine Leadership Program/ in Medicine
- CIMA: University Leadership Program
- CREA: Communication Leadership Program
- CULMEN: Art and Culture Leadership Program
- GENERA: Business Leadership Program
- SINERGIA: Public Administration Leadership Program
- VÉRTICE: Excellence Program
The Anahuac Nutritionist is a reliable person with remarkable professional, ethical and human formation who evaluates, diagnoses and treats the nutritional conditions of patients and communities. Promotes healthy lifestyles and designs tailor-made meal plans. In a globalized world, the nutritionist keeps an international vision of teamwork and acknowledges the importance of using a multidisciplinary approach while learning more about up-to-date trends and research methods.